Python is a beautiful programming language . The code looks very neat and verbal. To give it a try I chose to do my course assignments in python. Here are the advantages of using python over other languages for the course assignments.
- Not many students use python for assignments. This is a big advantage because if you get stuck in the assignments , you can borrow your friend’s code (c++/java) and blindly covert it line by line to python. You don’t have to worry about instructor’s warning on copying course assignments.
- The code looks very clean. It forces code indentation which is a good programming practice.
- Every damn thing is already implemented in the language and the documentation is pretty good.
- Java libraries can also be used with python via jython.
- Python might be very slow compared to C++/java. But speed is never an issue for course assignments. So it should not be a problem!
Happy python’ing !